Research at ECS focuses on the development and implementation of practices that result in positive, durable and scientifically substantiated change in the lives of individuals with disabilities and their families. Federal and state funded projects support research, teaching, dissemination and technical assistance activities. Research groups affiliated with ECS currently focus on positive behavior support, inclusive schools, educational equity, transition, and early intervention.
As a research unit housing the OSEP Technical Assistance Center on PBIS, Educational and Community Supports maintains datasets that can be made available for limited use by external users under specific purposes. Such use requires approval from the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of the researcher’s institution and agreement to follow conditions of the IRB protocols maintained by ECS. ECS developed and currently maintains data from the following PBISApps applications: School-wide Information Systems (SWIS), Check-In/Check-Out (CICO-SWIS), Individual Student Information System (ISIS-SWIS), PBIS Assessment, and PBIS Evaluation. The following documents describe the process for requesting collaboration in the use of datasets:
SECONDARY TRANSITION WORK GROUP
The secondary transition work group focuses on projects – development and research – related to secondary and early post-secondary aged students. These projects in the past have focused on implementation of high school PBIS, improving the development of IEP to reflect transition services and goals, and increasing access to postsecondary skills training programs.
Currently we have one project focused on increasing the retention and success of freshmen in high school. This project, Freshmen Success (IES, R305A150010-16) has three primary components – use of a freshmen leadership team, implementation of a student engagement focused curriculum, and use of upperclassmen to emphasize critical skills and knowledge.
The team also works closely with the PBIS Technical Assistance Center on SWPBIS (OSEP, R326S13004). We play a major role in the High School Workgroup that focuses on establishing demonstration sites at the high school level and disseminating information to increase usability and implementation of SWPBIS in high schools.
- K. Brigid Flannery, Sr. Research Associate/Associate Professor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mimi Kato, Research Assistant (email@example.com)
- Danielle Triplett, Research Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Angus Kittelman, Graduate Assistant (email@example.com
- Systematic Analysis and Model Development for High School Positive Behavior Support (IES, R324A070157)
- Building Effective and Meaningful Individualized Education Projects for Secondary Aged Students (IES, R324B70039)
- High School Positive Behavior Support: Increasing Success for All Students (OSEP, H324D020031)
- Earning for a Lifetime (RSA, H235M010108)
- Learning for a Lifetime (OSEP)
- Consumer Planning Partnership Project (RSA, H235W970172-98)